Southeast Regional Meeting
Southeast Regional Meeting report:
- The group discussed sites for the 2013 NASJE Conference and voted to recommend the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay to the board. The Grand Hyatt is offering a $134 room rate, free airport shuttle, free parking, and complimentary meeting space.
- We also discussed our 2010 mid-year meeting and voted to attempt to do it again during the spring of 2011. Alabama has again offered to host the meeting at no cost to us.
- We had a round table discussion to highlight programs that we have done this year. Two grant funded programs were discussed including a faculty development program done in Alabama by the National Judicial College.
- Both NHTSA and SJI grant funding opportunities were discussed, Claudia Bayliff also informed us of money and resources that are available through her office for education programs on Sexual Abuse.
- We discussed the usefulness of the Regional Newsletter and most voiced that they would like for it to continue.