Join us for NASJE’s Annual Conference on September 10-13 where “Old meets New: Incorporating Fundamentals, Instructional Design and Adult Learning into the 21st Century,” in historic Charleston, South Carolina. The 2017 Conference Committee has collaborated with the Curriculum Committee and the Diversity, Fairness and Access Committee to create a dynamic agenda that includes sessions to:
- Expand your knowledge of “Kolb and Beyond”
- Explore new research on what really works in teaching and learning
- Open your eyes to ways in which “NASJE Can Work for You”
- “Break Barriers” and discuss difficult topics such as race, color, ethnicity, gender, sex, culture, diversity, bias and discrimination through education
- Provide you with a “Lightning Round Demo of Technology”
- And, help you learn to balance your “Life and Work”
See the 2017 Conference Schedule (PDF) for a full list of sessions and speakers. Please note that there are educational sessions on Sunday for both newer and experienced judicial branch educators. The conference will be held at the The Francis Marion Hotel, in downtown Charleston, a walking city filled with culture, history, shopping, dining and Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church – where we will explore “We Are Charleston: Tragedy and Triumph at Mother Emanuel”.
- REGISTER for the conference: ONLINE or PDF
- Make your HOTEL reservations for The Francis Marion Hotel HERE
- NASJE Annual Conference SCHOLARSHIP information: PDF
The special room rate of $171 at the Francis Marion Hotel will be available until August 30th or until the group block is sold out, whichever comes first. To reserve a room under the conference block, from the hotel’s reservation link above, click on Add Code > Group Attendee > type in the word NASJE to get the special rate.
We also have three overflow hotels available.
- Embassy Suites, Historic District – 337 Meeting Street; Charleston, SC 29403
- Courtyard Marriott, Historic District – 125 Calhoun Street; Charleston, SC 29401
- Hampton Inn, Historic District – 345 Meeting Street; Charleston, SC 29403
Get more information about the overflow hotels, including a proximity map, in this PDF.
Join your colleagues from around the country and the world as we share ideas, develop new strategies to engage learners and learn from a different perspective how judicial education can be a collaborative exchange of best practices and solutions. For more information about this conference, please contact NASJE Annual Conference Committee co-chairs Janice Calvi-Ruimerman firstname.lastname@example.org or Dan Rettig email@example.com.